It can be extremely infuriating to have your car defaced with some spray paint for…
How To Get Spray Paint Off Concrete
Have you found yourself with unwanted spray paint on some concrete that you just can’t scrub off? Don’t panic! Spray paint can always be removed from concrete, no matter how tough it may be.
This article has a few different ways that you can remove spray paint from concrete easily.
Read on for some of the best ways to remove spray paint from concrete without breaking your back!
Is It Possible To Remove Spray Paint From Concrete?
You can remove even the most stubborn spray paint off your concrete without causing any harm to the concrete itself. There are a few different tactics for removing paint.
If you really can’t get the paint off your concrete, you may have to turn to grinding. This can damage the concrete underneath the paint.
There are many different things you can try before you turn to this, though.
You should take extra care when you are trying to remove paint from concrete surfaces that have been finished.
You should always attempt to use soap and warm water on finished concrete before you turn to some of the other methods on this list as this can strip away your concrete finish.
Before you begin, you will need to make sure that you follow the very important safety instructions.
You will need to do the following:
- Wear heavy duty gloves
- Wear eye protection in the form of safety glasses
- Wear a mask to protect your throat
- Avoid getting any of the cleaning products on your skin
If you follow these safety instructions, then you are much less likely to sustain an injury from removing spray paint from concrete.
How To Remove Spray Paint From Concrete
There is always a way to remove spray paint from concrete, whether you’re removing a small amount from your own property, or graffiti from a wall.
There are lots of graffiti removers available to remove spray paint from concrete. You just need to purchase some graffiti remover that is ideally of high quality, and you will also need a scrub brush.
It is best if you have a stiff scrubbing brush so that you can remove as much of the paint as possible. In most cases, this method will work very well.
Using graffiti remover, you will need to follow these steps to remove the spray paint from concrete:
- Spray the graffiti remover onto the painted area.
- Use the stiff bristle brush to scrub the area where the paint is. Do this using circular motions.
- Continue this process until all of the paint has come off.
- Next, you should wash the concrete with warm water.
- If you are not happy with the results, you may want to use hot soapy water to scrub the wall down after you have completed the process.
- If the spray paint still remains, you may need to move on to a stronger method.
Trisodium Phosphate is a great cleaner that will help you to remove spray paint stains. It makes for a very good scrubbing solution.
However, you should make sure that you wear goggles, protective gloves and a mask in order to prevent any irritation from this product as it can be very damaging.
If you want to use Trisodium Phosphate to remove any spray paint from concrete, you should follow the instructions below.
- First, you will need to make up the solution. In order to do this, you will need 60 ml of Trisodium Phosphate and 1 gallon of hot water.
- You will then need to use a scrubbing brush in order to scrub the painted area.
- If it seems like it needs more, you will need to repeat the process. When you apply the mixture you should leave it to soak in for 30 minutes.
- Then, you will need to scrub again, applying more of the Trisodium Phosphate mixture when it is needed.
- You should then wash the concrete using warm water to make sure all of the solution has been removed.
If you can’t remove your paint from the concrete, you may have to turn to the power washer. This should blast off any small bits of paint that you just can’t budge.
It is possible to rent a power washer from certain hardware stores, so this might be a good option for you.
You should then hook up your power washer to a power supply and blast the paint away! It is a good idea to apply a paint stripper first, and then use the power washer.
This will mean that you will have double the paint removal power. It will also mean that you don’t have to scrape the paint off the concrete by hand.
You can also get spray paint off concrete using a paint stripper. Citrus paint stripper is recommended.
This is one of the easiest ways to remove paint from concrete, because it doesn’t involve as much scrubbing.
This product works by loosening the bond between the concrete and the paint. This will cause the paint to lift away from the surface of the concrete.
It is best to use a gel paint stripper, as these can be applied accurately and won’t dry out in the same way that a liquid paint stripper would.
In order to use paint stripper, follow these instructions below:
- Apply the paint stripper to the paint. Each product may be slightly different, so ensure that you read the instructions carefully.
- Allow the paint stripper to work on the spray paint for up to 30 minutes.
- Next, use a paint scraper tool to help you to remove the paint that should have been loosened by the paint stripper.
If you are looking at ways to get rid of spray paint on concrete, look no further! There are many different ways to do so.
If one of them doesn’t work, give the others a try! You’re bound to find a way that will successfully remove the spray paint for you.