The furniture in your home started looking old and worn out and the best way to improve their look is with a painter sprayer. Unluckily, the last time you used a painter sprayer was ages ago or maybe you never used one and as such, you have forgotten or have no idea what it takes to choose a good model.
Should you consider performance, price, build or the outward appearance of the sprayer? All these are critical choices but you are not sure of the features that will help choose the best paint sprayer for the furniture in your home. What happen is, you visit the store and the options available overwhelm you. They are all shiny and have the best features and this makes picking just one very difficult.
To help you make the right decision, we have created this comprehensive guide that explains most of the things that you need to consider when choosing a paint sprayer. We will also bring to light the best paint sprayer for furniture reviews that will help you pick the best sprayer if you are not in the frame of mind for shopping around and looking at the specs of different sprayers.
1). Graco 17D889 Airless – Top Pick
2).HomeRight C800971 - Best HVLP Sprayer
3). Wagner 0518050 Paint Sprayer The Unbeatable
4). Tacklife SGP15AC – Best for the Money
5). Fuji 5175G – T75G Gravity Spray Gun
6). Critter Spray Products
6 Best Paint Sprayers For Furniture:
1) .Graco 17D889 Airless – Top Pick
Our top pick from the best paint sprayers for furniture is the Graco 17D889. One of its most impressive characteristics is its variable speed control feature allows you to control the flow of paint for a perfect painting finish. While painting over the furniture in your home, you will need different speeds for spraying paint in different sections of the furniture and this paint sprayer allows you to do that with no difficulty.
It comes in a heavy-duty storage case that allows you to keep the sprayer as well as its tips in one place maintaining the best condition for prolonged use. Also, you won't need to refill paint in this sprayer over and over again as it comes with a large paint bag that can provide accommodation to as much paint as you need.
Cleaning it after use was a bit challenging and this was the only negative thing that we noticed with this sprayer.
2). HomeRight C800971 – Best HLVP Paint Sprayer for Furniture
While the Graco 17D889 holding the top spot in this category, our second best pick is the HomeRight C800971 paint sprayer which stood out for its easy to use features and multiple paint spray patterns. Different furniture has different paint requirements and the different tips that come with this sprayer make it possible to paint every bit of your furniture effectively.
It is not only light on your pocket but light in weight as well and which means that your hands will not get tired when painting your furniture. The powerful motor is another thing that you should look at when buying a paint sprayer and the HomeRight C800971 has one that can produce about 450 watts of power which is enough to handle all your multifaceted painting jobs and thick paints.
With all these features you would expect the HomeRight C800971 why it isn't our top pick that's because it fails to make the grade as it results in a considerable amount of overspray which can otherwise mess up a good painting job.
3). Wagner 0518050 Paint Sprayer - The Unbeatable
The Wagner 0518050 is HVLP paint sprayer, which is designed to release paint with low pressure so that a better amount of paint reach the surface of your furniture. Which means you can easily avoid overspray, which helps to reduce waste. This sprayer can be used indoor or outdoor and assets you to spray a variety of paints such as lacquers, sealers, stains, or varnishes. Also, you can cover a bigger area if you are painting large furniture by changing the material flow from half an inch to ten inches. It can easily adjust the spray patterns to fit the shape and size of the painting surface by choosing horizontal, vertical, or round patterns. It sets up in less than 5 minutes and can be cleaned in less than 10 minutes, It is the perfect choice for you if you are looking for a low-cost sprayer with reliable performance.
4). Tacklife SGP15AC – Best for the Money
Being short on cash to buy a top model should not restrict you from getting a reliable paint sprayer as there are a lot of budget-friendly models in the market and the Tacklife SGP15AC is one of the best in this list. It will assist you to perform a decent painting job but there will still be some variance if you look closely.
It has a large paint container which allows you to fill it with all the paint that you need for a certain job and this eliminates the need to refill the container continuously. Adding paint to the container is easy as well, you can do it using the wide opening just above the container and this simplifies the process even further.
It is by some means bulky and this makes it difficult to move around and this was the main factor that kept the Tacklife SGP15AC out of our top 2 as we believe portability is very important factor.
5). Fuji 5175G – T75G Gravity Spray Gun
This gun is manufactured by the parent company of the PaintWIZ, and it’s is our favourite HVLP gun of all time. It combines a gravity-feed cup with a pressure hose, so you get every last drop out of material. You can change positions if you want, and utilize this gun with a bottom-feed pressure cup. It's possible thanks to a rear rotating nipple, another feature you can’t find on all HVLP guns. Moreover, a full 100g lighter than most others, as well as other high-end Fuji’s. It’s less than 2 pounds all told! The carefully designed non-bleed spray cap prevents dust blowing around and getting onto your wet paint. also, it has super-high efficiency, and turn out the least overspray and bounce-back of any HVLP gun we’ve reviewed to date. You can have great control over the spray pattern, and amazingly slight overspray. It comes with a 1.3mm spray cap, perfect for fine finish materials. The best feature is the side adjustment knob, though. This knob lets you twist your pattern mid-spray without putting your hands in contortions.
6). Critter Spray Products
It is one of the most admired paint sprayers you will come across in the market. Although it is like the Graco or the Wagner Paint Sprayer but it gets the job done flawlessly. While the challengers are settling for plastic in manufacturing their sprayers, the Critter Spray 22032 gun is made completely out of metal with a glass Mason jar attached to it. However, it is appropriate for smaller and medium furniture furnishings. If we talk about the design, it is quite simple and easy to use as there are only two things to adjust: air supply and height of the liquid nozzle.
Additionally, it is also very easy to clean since the Mason jar that attaches to it is a standard size of 16 ounces that can easily be replaced or washed easily. Weighing only 1.6 pounds, it is one of the lightest in the industry. So, the lighter a hand tool is, the easier to manoeuvre and that is ultimate minimalism in its rights.
Why Should You Buy A Furniture Spray Gun?
There are different advantages to buying a furniture spray gun.
- It cuts work time in less than half. Do you have a variety of projects to work on? Then it shouldn't be too complicated for you to get them done with your spray gun. Painting your furniture the traditional way is not only a heave but also it takes an awfully long time. The waiting time that you need to spend in between coats can be annoying as well, and in the end, the gruesome bubbles are still there. But in case of a sprayer, you will be able to pass over all those inconveniences.
- You can convert your projects look more professional. With the help of the different features and settings of the furniture paint sprayer, it will lend a hand to your DIY projects and make them more beautiful as if they were just bought from a sleek furniture boutique and didn't come straight from your garage.
- You can save cash. as a final point, one of the main advantages of owning a sprayer is to save money. Firstly, you can refurbish your old furniture at home without getting it to the shop to get it fixed (in particular if the man of the house is too busy, or there is only a woman in the house). Secondly, In case if you want to, you will also be able to purchase second-hand furniture from flea markets and the like, with confidence in having in mind that you will be able to make that furniture look as good as new – or better.
Before spraying your furniture, prepare it beforehand.
- This requires removing all hardware from the furniture to ensure a smooth painting session. The screws, handles, hinges, etc., are things you should take away and set aside.
- After that, sand the furniture to even notch edges and make the furniture surface smooth. This will help the paint to stick to the furniture and ensure that it doesn’t shed off too early.
Once done with sanding the furniture, make use of a kitchen rag or any rough cloth to clean it off. This will remove all debris, dirt, or mess that appears after sanding the furniture.
- Remember, the furniture shouldn't be wet. If it is, dry it completely before painting. Also, look at the furniture and make sure there is no hole, crack or dent. If there is, don't forget to fill them up.
- Now you are ready to spray your desired paint. But don't forget to, get some protective gears to shelter yourself to avoid making direct contact with the paint.
- This also includes safety gloves, dust masks, etc. If this is your first time, you might not have these (and you perhaps don’t have the intention of buying them) but remember safety comes first.
- You can do even without them. But you need to keep a safe distance between you and the furniture and spray carefully too. However, it's better to spent on your protection to avoid health hazard.
There is a selection from a wide range of options because they are suitable for painting furniture or they make the job easy. You need to come up with your own technique for painting as suitable. Some people feel comfortable with applying several thin coats instead of just one single thick coat and have been seeing satisfying results from that.
Some prefer to go in the opposite direction. Choose whichever rocks your boat. Note: you can find reviews, videos, and guides from the manufacturer of your selected model of the sprayer. By going through them, you should be able to come up with your own technique.
- 6 Best Paint Sprayers For Furniture:
- 5). Fuji 5175G – T75G Gravity Spray Gun
- Why Should You Buy A Furniture Spray Gun?
- Before spraying your furniture, prepare it beforehand.