Bring your automobile back to life by bringing back the shine of the chrome parts on your car or bike. Chrome Spray paints make the job so easy that you can do this by yourself as well. You just have to keep some safeguards in mind before you begin chrome paint spraying.
Moreover, you should know that the best chrome spray paint will dry rapidly, flow easily, and produce a sparkling and shiny silver completion. It doesn't trickle or run, and it gives fantastic coverage. We have created this comprehensive guide below that lists the best chrome spray paints that are available in the market:
1). Krylon K01010A07 Premium Metallic
2). Rust-Oleum 7718830 7718-830
3). Rust-Oleum 301537
4). Martha Stewart Crafts Multi-Surface
5). VHT SP525 Quick Coat Silver Chrome
6). Krylon K02703007 Fusion All-In-One spray-paints
Out of Stock, Last checked 30 July, 2020
7). Rust-Oleum 249088 Painter's Touch 2X
Out of stock, Last checked 30 July, 2020
8). Rust-Oleum 267734 Spray Paint
Best Chrome Spray Paints:
1). Krylon K01010A07 Premium Metallic Original Chrome Spray Paint
One of the best chrome spray paints in the market is the Krylon Premium Metallic Original Chrome.
It has many fantastic features, such as its ability to dry very quickly. You can expect to handle your piece of work two hours after spraying. Moreover, you won’t believe it is paint, because it is made in such a way that it produces such glossy finish that it looks like it’s actual chrome plating. It is so versatile that it can be used on plastic, metal, wood, ceramic, wicker, and paper Mache. It can be applied on any car surface in the world.
It is recommended that you apply the coat twice so that you evenly cover the whole area for metal surfaces. The only drawback here, we think, is that it can only be used indoors. It comes in an eight-ounce bottle, and it is acid-free. Product of the U.S.A., you can expect an elegant and smooth finish. You have the choice of various color options.
2). Rust-Oleum 7718830 7718-830 Automotive Accessories, Each, Metallic Chrome
One of the cheapest chrome spray paint on the list is the Rust-Oleum Metallic Chrome Spray Paint. Do you have some worn out lamps or planters lying around in the house? This paint will produce a fancy look on your accent pieces. it gives you a gleaming metallic finish and works on any interior metal, wood, and masonry projects in just a matter of some minutes! The paint is sprayed smoothly and is evenly distributed patterns.
This product assures to provide value of money and is highly durable. We recommend that you apply coating twice a few minutes apart to get the best results. Rust-Oleum Metallic Chrome Spray Paint does not lose color on surfaces and stays great over time.
The manufacturers of Rust-Oleum Metallic Chrome Spray Paint have taken extra measures for the comfort of the users. This chrome spray paint features a comfort tip with a finger pad that is wide to reduce fatigue caused by continuous spraying. It does not become dull indoors. Moreover, it has the feature of any-angle spray that allows users to spray from any direction, including even upside down. This paint is not for outdoor use.
3). Rust-Oleum 301537 Universal All Surface Spray Paint
Rust-Oleum’s Champagne Mist works on many surfaces, including wood, plastic, metal, fiberglass, concrete, wicker, vinyl, and many others. You can expect a long-lasting finish with this chrome spray paint. It has an oil-based formula with great adhesion that prevents the surface from rusting or fading, making this paint highly durable.
Unlike the chrome spray paint mentioned in point 2, this spray paint takes less time to dry. It dries in half an hour to the touch, and a single can cover up to fifteen square feet. This spray paint creates a shimmering luxurious metallic look. It is not difficult to begin painting Rust-Oleum’s Champagne Mist. All you have to do is shake the can before use and remove the red safety clip from the trigger. The can is designed ergonomically.
Unlike the previous two mentioned in the list above, the chrome spray paint can be used indoors as well as outdoors. So paint away from your mailboxes, outdoor lights, or anything under the sun with this Rust-Oleum’s Champagne Mist. Many different colors are available and finish.
4). Martha Stewart Crafts Multi-Surface Metallic Craft Rose Chrome, 2 oz Paint
Here we have a fantastic crafts paints that come in a two-ounce bottle. This Glitter Acrylic Craft Paint is the glitter that is ideal for your wood, metal, glass, and even fabric surfaces. Add color to your home décor items and give new life to your house. Or simply design your T-shirt with this chrome paint. Some of the colors are yellow gold, rust, titanium, sterling, gold, rose copper, rose gold, and much more.
The glitter is water-based and non-toxic. One of the reasons this product made it to our list of top ten best chrome spray paints is it conforms to the ASTM D4236 standards.
Moreover, unlike most other paints, Martha’s paint is not messy at all. The spray is designed in such a way that you have more control of the paint flow. There is a small hole on the can that prevents a lot of paint from coming out. Or if you want to take out more amount of paint, you can simply take the lid off and add more paint to your palate.
5). VHT SP525 Quick Coat Silver Chrome Acrylic Enamel Can - 11 oz.
VHT chrome paint is an acrylic enamel coating that is exceptionally durable. It prevents rust and corrosion on surfaces and dries fast. Within half an hour, it dries to the touch and completely dries overnight.
One of VHT chrome paints' fantastic features is that they are lead-free, which means they do not contribute to damaging the ozone layer. It can be applied on metal as well as sealed plaster and masonry surfaces. It is an excellent product for your household and automotive works.
6). Krylon K02703007 Fusion All-In-One spray-paints, Blue Hyacinth
Krylon K02703007 Fusion All-In-One spray paint high-quality product that adheres to delicate surfaces such as plastics. They are also used to apply on furniture and do not require sanding or priming.
You have to choice of many colors for this product. It offers maximum rust protection features for your outdoor projects and an excellent finish for indoor work. Highly durable and superior adhesion, even on ready to assemble furniture.
The spray can be designed to spray in any direction, even upside down, and comfortable to use. It dries fast. You can expect it to dry to touch in less than half an hour, and within two hours, you can handle it. Krylon Fusion All-In-One (TM) can be used on wood, metal, plastic, glass, ceramic, wrought iron, and many other surfaces.
7). Rust-Oleum 249088 Painter's Touch 2X Ultra Cover, 12 oz, Gray Primer
Another chrome paint in the list of best chrome spray paints by Rust-Oleum. This chrome paint is created to give you ultimate coverage that is smooth and durable. It has the feature of a comfort spray tip that you can rotate 360 degrees. It is recommended that you apply the coating twice a few minutes apart.
Rust-Oleum 249088 comes in a twelve-ounce spray can and comes with a user manual that you should go through before beginning to spray. It is a value for money model because of its adhesiveness and durability. It is suitable for metal, plastic, and wood surfaces. As with all Rust-Oleum ‘s chrome paints, this one dries quickly too.
8). Rust-Oleum 267734 Spray Paint, Each, Silver Glitter
Rust-Oleum 267734 is perfect for use on accent pieces, birthday decorations, and so many more projects. It produces a shiny finish when applied over a base coat of similar color. It dries quickly to touch in twenty minutes and can cover up to five square feet. It works on many surfaces and prevents stains and scratches.
It is recommended that you shake the can before use to mix glitter pigment. Glitter paint creates an attractive shimmer that gives your work a multi-dimensional look. Rust-Oleum 267734 Spray paint can be used on metal, wood, wicker, glass, ceramic, pottery, Styrofoam paper, etc. To make the best out of Rust Oleum's chrome spray paint, we recommend these steps:
The base coat has to be painted before applying Rust-Oleum 267734 Spray Paint for a great shine.
For deeper shine, you are advised to do coating several times.
If the valve of the spray clogs, you have to twist, pull off the tip, and clean it. Then spray the painting upside down for some time to clear the valve. You have to also make sure to spray the can before and during use.
Q: How do you get the best spray paint finish?
- Shake the can for at least sixty seconds.
- Before spraying your object, spray the paint into the air to test the nozzle.
- Spray a few distances away from the object and keep gliding side to side.
- Avoid paint building up on any one area.
- Keep the paint thin.
- Sand only if required.
Q: Does chrome paintwork on rims?
A: For chrome paint to work on rims, you require a spray primer and spray paint. On rims, it is recommended to apply up to three coatings of spray primer and paint.
Rust-Oleum chrome paints work best on rims. They dry quickly after their application on the rims. You can expect to get an excellent and smooth finish from it.
Q: What paint will stick to chrome?
A: After you have sprayed primer and made sure that it’s dry, you have to apply a chrome paint. While spraying, remember to apply in a firm sweeping motion side to side.
Q: How many coats of spray paint should I use?
A: The most common assumption is that you apply a minimum of three coats. After all, multiple light coats are way better than a single heavy coat.
Q: Should I sand between coats of spray paints?
A: The first step is to apply a spray primer. If the surface feels smooth, then sand between coats is not necessary. You have to allow your piece of work to dry, and then you can sand the area, prime, and spray again.
Steps involved in applying chrome spray paint:
- Find a good location that is well-ventilated and is not humid. Also, check if there are no flames/fumes nearby. Many chrome spray paints have instructions on them regarding the appropriate conditions where the paint should be kept and used.
- It is always wise to wear a respirator mask and gloves while you are spray painting. It keeps you safe and healthy.
- Prepare your surface by wiping it with a moist cloth to make it clean, or to get better results; you can wet sand the surface to get to the bare metal.
- Once you have prepared the surface, you have to apply the primer. Priming makes the surface where the paint is to be applied, smooth. It is recommended to apply a thin layer of the primer. After the primer has dried, sand it and move on to the next step.
- Apply the chrome spray paint from side to side to prevent the formation of the droplets of paint. For best results, spray cans should be held some inches far from the surface.
- You may have to apply many layers of chrome spray paint to get the desired result. The spray cans state how long we should wait between coats.
- Let your work dry.
We understand it can be overwhelming to see so many models in the market. It can be hard to pick one that will be the best for you.
Listed below are some factors which will help in making your decision easier:
- Color: It’s not that easy to get the color that you want. You simply can’t read the label on the can and assume it’s the exact color you are looking for. There are so many color variations. Usually, people check the cap color, which is very similar to the color of the paint.
- The capacity of the can: Chrome spray paints don’t come in extra-large quantities, but it is still advisable to know in estimate how much paint you will require. It will help you in deciding which can size is suitable for you.
- Drying time: The quicker the chrome spray paint dries, the better the finish. Outdoor projects are better off if the drying time of the paint is less.
- Acid: People prefer acid-free paints to prevent the acid in the paint corroding the surface.
- Gloss: If you want the paint to give you that glossy finish, then only buy the can that state it provides a glossy finish because not all paints do that.
- What surfaces can the paint be applied to. Another important factor to think.
- Price: The chrome spray paints won’t make a hole in your pocket. They aren’t that expensive. But still, it’s always good to check whether we are receiving value for money product.
We like the chrome spray paints that dries super fast and look great too. So the winner from this list is the Krylon K01010A07 Premium Metallic Original Chrome Spray Paint. It might be a little pricey than the others, but it is worth it.
- Best Chrome Spray Paints:
- 1). Krylon K01010A07 Premium Metallic Original Chrome Spray Paint
- 2). Rust-Oleum 7718830 7718-830 Automotive Accessories, Each, Metallic Chrome
- 3). Rust-Oleum 301537 Universal All Surface Spray Paint
- 4). Martha Stewart Crafts Multi-Surface Metallic Craft Rose Chrome, 2 oz Paint
- 5). VHT SP525 Quick Coat Silver Chrome Acrylic Enamel Can - 11 oz.
- 6). Krylon K02703007 Fusion All-In-One spray-paints, Blue Hyacinth
- 7). Rust-Oleum 249088 Painter's Touch 2X Ultra Cover, 12 oz, Gray Primer
- 8). Rust-Oleum 267734 Spray Paint, Each, Silver Glitter
- Buying Guide: