HVLP is short for high-volume, low-pressure, and describes exactly what these types of sprayers do. A normal paint sprayer uses high pressure to push the paint out. This creates a mist of paint that can result in overspray, which wastes your paint.
With an HVLP sprayer, the paint is applied at a lower pressure with the help of a regulator. The result is that it’s more efficient and easier to control. It may be a lot slower than a normal sprayer but the results are more impressive.
An HVLP sprayer is one of the popular choices when it comes to DIY spray painting projects, even with some professional painters choose it.
How to choose the best HVLP Paint Sprayer
If you’ve decided to buy an HVLP sprayer, you will want to consider a few factors. There are several paint sprayers on the market to choose from and narrowing down which one to buy is important. Here is what you should be looking at:
- Spraying Speed: Depending on how fast you want your painting to go, you will want to select them by their speed. This will ensure that you finish your projects quickly.
- Tip: Another factor to consider is the tip of the paint sprayer. The tip of your sprayer will determine how well the paint can be sprayed onto any surface. A larger tip will allow your sprayer to release more paint. A tip will have a resulting fan width so you need to know how big this will be. Another thing to consider about the tip is what sort of pattern it creates. Depending on what sort of painting you want to do, this is important. For example, fence painting will require only narrow patterns, while larger patterns are for more large-scale projects.
- Safety: Safety is not something that a lot of people worry about when it comes to painting, but when you’re working with a sprayer, this is a concern. The big problem is that vaporized paint can be inhaled. Inhaling paint is bad for your health. In addition, if you do not have a mask, the paint can get into your eyes. Better performance means that you won’t have to deal with too much of that.
- Cost: You will also need to think about how much the HVLP sprayer costs — different brands have different prices. This mostly comes down to how each product delivers something different like additional items and features. Think about whether the price is worth it.
1). HomeRight Finish Max sprayer
2). Wagner Flexio 890 HVLP Paint Sprayer Station
3). Graco Magnum 262800 X5 Stand Airless Paint Sprayer
4). Wagner’s Power Tex Texture Sprayer
5). Central Pneumatic 47016 Gravity Feed Spray Gun
6). Fuji 2202 Semi-PRO 2 HVLP Spray System
7). Astro 4008 Spray Gun with Cup, Red Handle
8). Earlex HV5500 Spray Station
9). DEWALT DWMT70777 Gravity Feed Spray Gun HVLP
10). SPRAYIT SP-352 Gravity Feed Spray Gun
1). HomeRight C800766 Finish Max
HomeRight’s Finish Max is an interesting sprayer that will be the answer to most of your prayers. This is mostly because it is perfect for do-it-yourselfers who want to create professional-looking creations with ease.
HomeRight’s product has several interesting features and presents owners with an item that can deliver great results with ease. Considering that it rivals conventional paint sprayers in performance – that’s pretty impressive. Anyone looking into buying one will be getting their money’s worth.
This is a very good sprayer that presents you with a lot of options. This is a good choice for any starting painter.
2). Wagner 0529021 Flexio 890 HVLP Paint Sprayer Station
The Flexio 890 is what I’d buy if I needed to paint outdoors. This HVLP paint sprayer from Wagner presents its buyers with a powerful spray and an impressive set of options. The sprayer can be used both for general spraying and detail spraying, however, its real strength lies in general spraying.
All of it comes in a single X-Boost Power Box, where the turbine for the spray is also stored. Using the power of this sprayer, you should be able to finish large-scale painting projects with ease.
If you need general painting done, then this product will be a good choice of what to buy.
3). Graco Magnum 262800 X5 Stand Airless Paint Sprayer
The Magnum X5 from Graco is a bit on the expensive side, but it does manage to deliver a lot on its promises. Plus, if you’re a professional painter or remodeler, that expense is quickly recouped.
The X5 delivers quick spraying action to anyone who needs it. Just pop open a gallon can, put in the suction tube and activate it. The spray nozzle does all the work and after that, you can clean it quickly.
Despite the expense, this is one of the best possible sprayers you can buy right now.
4). Wagner 0520000 Power Tex Texture Sprayer
Wagner’s Power Tex Texture Sprayer is the sprayer for those who want to do a final coating paint for their walls and other flat areas. With its help, you will be able to give your walls a textured finish. If you want a rough paint exterior or something just as decorative for your home, this is the sprayer that you should be buying.
An excellent texture sprayer, it does look rather heavy. However, it has an agreeable price tag and is a great choice for texture work, especially for beginners.
5). Central Pneumatic 47016 High Volume Low-Pressure Gravity Feed Spray Gun, 20 oz.
This is a pretty cheap spray gun that is a good choice for those who already have compressors. If you already have the painting equipment, this spray gun is the best choice to modify your paint set. It also helps that this is one of the most inexpensive choices available on the market.
As the cheapest product among the five, you get what you will be paying for. This is pretty bare-bones and you will also need a compressor.
When you’re looking for an HVLP sprayer, there are a lot of good choices available. However, among the five, I favor the Graco Magnum X5. This is mostly because it presents its buyers with a complete HVLP paint experience.
First, the power of the piston pumps allows for anyone who uses this product to cover a large area. This is the main reason anyone wants to use HVLP. You will be able to do in just a matter of hours what will most often take you days to do. It also allows for an efficient way to apply the paint. You can be sure that the paint is applied evenly and without any waste.
Second, the X5 is very portable and flexible. When you’re painting, you don’t want any problems when it comes to application. The X5 removes a lot of those problems by allowing you to carry around the sprayer. It also has a flexible suction tube and a 75-foot hose for the sprayer. You can leave it in one place and you can cover a wide area.
Overall, the X5 is a great choice and is well worth the price tag that has been placed on it.
- How to choose the best HVLP Paint Sprayer
- 1). HomeRight C800766 Finish Max
- 2). Wagner 0529021 Flexio 890 HVLP Paint Sprayer Station
- 3). Graco Magnum 262800 X5 Stand Airless Paint Sprayer
- 4). Wagner 0520000 Power Tex Texture Sprayer
- 5). Central Pneumatic 47016 High Volume Low-Pressure Gravity Feed Spray Gun, 20 oz.
- Final Verdict